Serves: 16 slices
Carbs Per Serving: 6g (3g fiber)
1 cup boiling water (240ml)
2 apple-flavored herbal tea bags – optional
2 tablespoons lemon juice (30ml)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar equivalent
1/2 cup Wise CHOice Cake-ability Baking Aid (50g)
1/2 pound ground pecans (225g or about 2 cups)
3/4 cup sugar equivalent (equivalent to 150g)
3 tablespoons oil (45ml)
2 teaspoons allspice or apple pie spice
1/4 cup walnut pieces (30g) – optional
How to Prepare:
1. Optional: prepare apple tea concentrate and allow to cool. Otherwise, just use plain water in Step 6.
2. Peel apple, slice thin, and then cut part into thin slices, the rest into a small dice. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and sweetener.
3. Grease tube pan and arrange apple slices in an attractive pattern.
Optional: if the pan is microwave safe, partly cook the apple slice — this will help them stay in place when batter is added.
4. Also cook the diced apple briefly in microwave or on stove to make the apple pieces tender.
5. Mix (or grind) together, breaking up any lumps: CBA, ground nut sweetener equal (if dry — or add liquid sweetener in Step 3), pin salt. The finer the nuts are ground, the finer the cake.
6. Combine liquid ingredients.
7. Stir liquid and dry ingredients together until thoroughly wet – no need to beat!
8. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Swirl in apple pieces and optional walnuts. Microwave (around 7 minutes), preferably raised above the floor of the oven (an upside-down glass pie plate works well), or bake a 350¡F (175¡C) — loaf pans 40-50 minutes, round pans 25-35 minutes, cupcakes/muffins 15-25 minutes — or until center springs back.
9. Invert to serve.
– Use any combination of fruit and spices.
– Save the fruit carbs and get the fruit flavor from a commercial flavoring.
– Use apple or spice herb tea instead of water.