CarbsPerServing: 6 grams total
4 large chicken breast — boneless
1/4 cup atkins bake mix — optional
1 egg — beaten
Garlic Butter:1/4 cup butter — softened
1 tablespoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder — (or 1 clove garlic minced, but this raises carb count a little)”Bread” crumbs:
1 1/2 ounces plain pork rinds
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 pinch garlic powder
How to Prepare:
1. Mix garlic butter ingredients (butter, parsley, and garlic powder) in a small bowl. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Crush pork rinds finely (the finer they are, the more they resemble bread crumbs). Combine crushed pork rinds with other “bread” crumbs ingredients (parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder).
3. Flatten chicken breasts, either by rolling between sheets of wax paper or pounding with a tenderizer mallet.
4. Remove garlic butter from freezer. Place a piece of garlic butter (shaped into a small “stick”) in center of each flattened chicken breast (divide garlic butter evenly between chicken breasts).
5. Roll up chicken breasts with garlic butter in the center.
6. Dredge rolled up chicken breasts in Atkins bake mix. Dip in or brush with egg and roll in “bread” crumbs.
7. Use toothpicks to hold rolled chicken breasts together. Either fry the chicken until cooked or place seam-side down on a buttered baking sheet (with sides) and bake uncovered at 425 for 40 minutes.
- Chicken Medallions (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Parmesan Goodness (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken with Cheesy Mushrooms (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Pepperoni (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Satay (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Mushroom Dijon (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Strogonoff (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Chicken Nachos (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)