a.k.a. Italian Cream Custard
Carbs Per Serving: 6 grams carbs
Prep Time: 15 min
1 packet gelatin
1/4 cup water
Another 3 Tablespoons water to dissolve gelatin
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cp Splenda or Stevia
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 Tablespoons grated lime peel (optional)
How to Prepare:
Although panna cotta translates as “cooked cream,” in fact, you heat the heavy cream only long enough to dissolve the gelatin.
1. Set out six 6-oz dessert cups. (Can use dessert molds, but cups are easier.)
2. In a 1/4 cp measuring cup, add the 3 Tablespoons of water and sprinkle the packet of gelatin over the top. Mix. In 5-7 minutes, the gelatin will be softened.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, 1/4 cup water, sugar substitute, lime juice, and optional grated lime peel. Stir occasionally until starts to steam- do not boil!
4. Remove from heat, stir in the gelatin mixture, and mix well.
5. Divide mixture among the six dessert cups or molds.
6. Chill until firm (about one hour). Serve with optional lime peel garnish.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Low Carb Creamy Nutty Gelatin (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Easy 1 Carb Jello Mouse Dessert (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Easy Peanut Butter Balls (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Low Carb Chocoholic Fix (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)