Carbs Per Serving: 11 Grams Carbs total recipe excluding lemon juice
2 pounds lump crabmeat
1/2 pound cod fillets — fresh
1/2 cup heavy cream — (1/2 to 1)
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons parsley — finely chopped
2 Tablespoons chives — finely chopped
2 Tablespoons basil — julienned
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Olive oil for sauteing
How to Prepare:
Pick through crabmeat, removing all shells but being careful not to break up the large lumps too much.
In a food processor, grind codfish until pureed. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream and puree until incorporated. Then add more cream if needed.
The mixture should be smooth and shiny, yet firm enough to hold its shape.
Place this mousse in a metal bowl and add the other ingredients, except for the olive oil.
Take a small portion of the crab-cake mixture and saute in hot olive oil until golden brown. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Form the rest of the crab cakes and saute in hot olive oil until golden on both sides. Finish by baking in a 450-degree oven for 4-5 minutes.
Serves six to eight
Related articles by Zemanta
- Fried Fish with Pork Rind (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Mexican Shrimp II (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Salmon Patties (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Tasty Tuna Burgers (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Crab and Artichoke Cheese Puff (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Delicious Tuna Patties (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Tilapia with Flaxseed and Parmesean Crust (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)