Carbs Per Serving: 6 grams carbs
Prep Time: 10 minutes or less
How to Prepare:
Peel and rinse 1/2 of one globe of jicama. Slice paper thin, using one of those “as seen on TV” type vegetable slicers if you can. They give you the thinnest slices. Otherwise use a very sharp knife and slice carefully and thinly. Blot excess moisture from slices. Use enough oil to cover bottom of large skillet and to cover the slices, about 1/4″ deep should do it. Heat oil, but do NOT OVERHEAT.
Add jicama slices in a single layer. You won’t get them all done in one batch. Fry each batch until you have browning around the edges, then remove to paper towels to drain while the next batch fries.
The chips shrink considerably. While still warm sprinkle them with pepper, salt, low carb seasonings, parmesan cheese, whatever you like, but lightly.
If you make the slices thin enough and fry carefully these chips come out so delicate and crunchy.
- Pepperoni Chips (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Parmesan Chips (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Crunchy Cheesy Chips (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Swill (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)
- Cheesy Pepperoni Chicken (low-carb-ketogenic-diets.com)