Carbs Per Serving: no counts provided
4 small turnips — peeled and sliced to make about 20 slices
salt and pepper
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 400F. Dip the turnip slices in the olive oil. Place on baking sheet and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown on bottom (about 15 minutes).
Turn over and continue baking until second sides are golden brown.
Top with a little sour cream, then a dab of caviar.
- 10 reviews of Caviar-or fisheggs for the layman (rateitall.com)
- Seasonal Eats: How Do You Cook Turnips? (fitsugar.com)
- ‘White Caviar’… Is Britain ready for snails’ eggs? (dailymail.co.uk)
- Braised Turnip (l2ee2l.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Economical Caviar (friendseat.com)