Carbs Per Serving: 39 total recipe
1 head cauliflower — freshly ground
1 bell pepper — diced rough
1/2 cup onion — diced rough
14 1/2 ounces whole tomatoes — canned
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce — 1 to 2
1 teaspoon splenda — 1 to 2
salt and pepper — to taste
2 scallions – optional — green only, chopped
garlic powder/salt – optional
How to Prepare:
1) In a small saucepan, add tomatoes, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, splenda, salt and pepper, and garlic, if using. Break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Simmer on medium low, covered or at least 30 minutes. Be careful not to let it cook down too much.
2) Chop up peppers and onion and saute in olive oil a large skillet over medium high heat, until the pepper and onion start to get a little charred.
3) While peppers and onions are cooking, remove outer leaves of cauliflower, and cut away at the base until you are left with a stalk stem to hold onto and all the green cut away. Use the stalk as a handle and grate the entire head of cauliflower on the largest hole. It should be in small, grainy rice like pieces.
4) Add a little more olive oil to the skillet, and the cauliflower. Stir, to make sure the cauliflower is coated and continue to cook until it’s soft like rice, but not mushy. (You may want to cover skillet with a lid and steam it a bit if you’re in a hurry)
5) Serve topped with tomato sauce and little chopped scallion (optional).